Problem-Based Learning in Medical Science: Year 1
This course for first year MSMS students provides an academic context in which students take responsibility for their own learning. The course uses a small team setting in which students can benefit from peer and facilitator feedback and support each other's learning. Basic science course material constitutes the basis of clinical cases used in the MSCI X503. During PBL sessions students will analyze and explain the scientific basis of the disease process covered in a case.
The goals of the course are as follows:
- Develop life-long learning and reasoning skills
- Promote students' problem solving skills by analyzing a clinical case to identify significant facts, formulate hypotheses, identify learning issues, collect data, and make a diagnosis.
- Provide an academic context in which students collaboratively direct their own learning.
- Enhance student's knowledge base through self-directed research on learning issues.
- Use cases to emphasize the relevance of basic science to clinical medicine.
Log on to ANGEL Course Server